db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patch available checkbox on the attach file page?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 04:21:26 GMT
On Feb 6, 2008 12:50 PM, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:

> Kristian Waagan wrote:
> > Andrew McIntyre skrev:

> >> I took a look yesterday, but for some reason the Attach File screen
> >> isn't in the list of editable screens, maybe to keep a project admin
> >> from accidentally removing the Grant ASF license field. You may have
> >> to take it to infra to make this happen anyway.
> >>
> > Okay, thanks for checking Andrew.
> > I'll investigate more tomorrow, this probably means starting a process
> > with infra.
> >
> > Rick, thanks for giving me karma. Feel free to take it back, or inform
> > me about the responsibilities and duties that comes with it if you
> > plan to let me have it :)
> >

> Hi Kristian,
>
> I don't have a primer on duties and responsibilities here. You now have
> the ability to add users to the derby-dev list and to make various
> JIRA-related changes--although apparently not the changes you are
> interested in. If you don't want the power, I think you can revoke your
> own privileges--haven't tried that experiment myself though.
>
> However, I think it would be good if someone in your time zone had
> administrator privileges. That will make us a more responsive community.
> Andrew may want to give some more advice.

The administrative duties for Derby's JIRA are light: creating new
versions, merging old versions we no longer need to track, making new
components, and most importantly granting new contributors access.
While there usually isn't any urgency to these sorts of requests, I
agree that it is good to have people in widely divergent time zones so
that we can be more responsive to these infrequent but important
requests from contributors. With the exception of Kristian, the
current Derby JIRA admins are all in the Pacific time zone, so his
assistance is certainly welcome here.

andrew