db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Zaun <Martin.Z...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: New date for 10.4 feature freeze
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:11:28 GMT

Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:

> I realize that one week might not be enough to sort out the System
> Privileges/JMX security issue, but as long as there is no estimate for
> how long this could take, it does not seem reasonable to set a feature
> freeze date based on this. Hopefully some way to resolve this can be
> found in the coming week.

Extrapolating from the recent discussions on System Privileges behaviour
(authorization ids, permission naming scheme, backward compatibility etc),
which have been going on for some time, it's difficult to predict when we
will have closure and agreement on what are partly conceptual items.

But whether the System Privileges feature makes it into 10.4 or not, it
would be good to have a discussion on how the work that's been done so far
can be checked into the trunk (have a disabling flag?).  Also, there are
the JMX dependencies.  I'll provide some suggestions on JIRA DERBY-2109.

Martin