db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Testing of the JDBC statement pooling feature
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:09:17 GMT
Hello all,

The JDBC statement pooling feature has now been enabled in trunk.
I appreciate any and all testing of it, but unfortunately there are some
existing bugs that makes it fail in some situations. Some are severe,
others are just annoying but shouldn't affect any real applications. The
severe ones shouldn't affect "well behaved" JDBC applications.

If you do some testing and find something you believe is a bug, it would
be nice of you could check out the following JIRAs:
* DERBY-3431: DatabaseMetaData.getConnection returns the wrong
connection when using connection pooling
* DERBY-3319: Logical connections do not check if a transaction is
active on close
* DERBY-3307: NPE in PooledConnction event notification handling if a
null listener is added
* DERBY-3441: This one went in with little review of the last patch.

There are also some other problems, but I can't find the JIRAs at the
moment... Anyway, I'm interested in hearing about any problems you
encounter!

I'll be away on vacation for one week (yeah, I know, brilliant timing
:P). If the feature starts causing failures, please back out revision
632338 (DERBY-3329, patch 2b). If that doesn't help, also back out
revision 632334 (DERBY-3441, patch 1c).

Note that statement pooling has not been enabled for the XA data source.

regards,
--
Kristian