db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Zaun <Martin.Z...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.4 Feature Freeze
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 02:20:56 GMT

Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org> writes:
>
>> Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
>>
>>> Here is the current status (based on what I know):
>>>
>>> Feature                  Status
>>> System privileges        On track
>>    Have you any more information on the state of this?

a) The latest patch, just published, addresses the J2ME/CDC failures;
    I hope this blocking issues is resolved, but we probably want to
    wait for some confirming J2ME/CDC test results.   I'm not aware of
    other, major objections, and it was suggested to handle follow-up
    and polishing items in a separate JIRA.

b) Due to some functional changes applied over the last weeks (e.g.
    checks for authorization regardless of prior authentication) and
    some limitations that can't be worked around (e.g. regarding
    Authorization Ids in policy files), I've planned to restate the
    exact compatibility issues of System Privileges for derby-dev.
    This discussion about further options (to be handled in a separate
    JIRA, I think) and documentable restrictions might take 1-2 weeks.

c) There's a documentation task for System Privileges (derby guides),
    which can partly overlap with b) and also might take 1-2 calendar
    weeks (need to get to know the documentation-related tools).

d) Finally, I have some tests that need some more work before they
    can be included in the test suites.

While I'm cautiously optimistic about a) and hope that d) can be
checked in later, I'm not sure what people think about b) and c)
being a requirement for feature freeze.

Martin