db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Derby Exception classes
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 00:41:38 GMT
Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There have been some suggestions from Dan and Knut that
> EmbedSQLException and StandardException should be removed in favour of
> SQLException.

I only suggested removing EmbedSQLException and use SQLException
directly. I was assuming there was no real benefit to having
EmbedSQLException, especially when it's not used in all cases in JDBC 4.

Knut indicated it's used as some argument ferry, I haven't looked at
that code, but by the sounds of it a specific class to handle that may
make more sense that using an Exception.

StandardException I would keep, it keeps a clean layer between Derby
code and the JDBC api wrapped around it.

Dan.