db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 10.4 Feature Freeze
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:22:31 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> John Embretsen <John.Embretsen@Sun.COM> writes:
>
>> Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
>>> ... is fast approaching (2008-02-29)
>>>
>>> Is this still a reasonable date, or should we consider delaying it?
>>>

>>> Here is the current status (based on what I know):
>>> JMX                      On track
>> JMX is on track per se, as it has not been defined what exactly will be part of
>> 10.4. However, this is still work in progress, but I guess it is up to you as
>> release manager to decide what to let into the release or not.
>
> It is, but some JMX stuff has already been committed, hasn't it. And
> since what Derby offers through JMX isn't regulated by a standard, I
> would think that you have quite a bit of leeway in terms of defining
> when the feature is complete... :)

I'm trying to add Java security manager checks (DERBY-3462) to the JMX
MBeans so that security is not compromised by the addition of JMX. While
I'm not blocked by DERBY-2109, if I proceed ahead of DERBY-2019
committing code JMX related permission code then any DERBY-2109 patch
will have to re-worked again. However since there doesn't seem to be any
activity on DERBY-2109 I may just go ahead anyway.

Dan.