db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about some interfaces and classes in o.a.d.iapi.services.loader
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 02:13:51 GMT
Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> The interface InstanceLoader, and the classes ClassInfo and
> ClassInspector are generic. Therefore, what would the community think if
> these were moved to either o.a.d.iapi.services.monitor,

I would say no. If a general idea to have OSGi be the IoC or allow other
IoC's then I would say that code that could be used with other IoC's
should not be moved into Derby's current specific IoC packages.

o.a.d.iapi.util

ok-ish - Based upon experience packages like util tend to end up being a
dumping ground, possibly leading to modularity issues.

> or to a package of their own?

probably the best. Has the advantage over util that a clear purpose can
be ascribed to the package.

> Reason for this is to remove a cyclical dependency between
> o.a.d.iapi.services.monitor, o.a.d.iapi.services.loader, and
> o.a.d.iapi.services.context.

Dan.