db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostga...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Using EMMA for codecoverage analysis
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:23:41 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On 2/21/08, Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostgaard@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm now working my way through the extra permissions needed for
>> junit.jar and ant-junit.jar when running with instrumented jarfiles. I
>> also think some permissions are needed when running with ant 1.7 that
>> wasn't needed when running with ant 1.6.5.
>>
>> Vemund
>>

> Are you referring to what's mentioned in DERBY-3153?
>
> I recently tried out the patch there and it didn't work well for me,
> but I didn't have time to focus on it...

I hadn't seen that Jira, thank you! It looks like the same problem.

My solution was a bit different, though. By setting the "tempdir"
attribute of the <junit> task, I got the files written to the same
directory the test is using for the rest of its files, so I only had to
give permissions for writing to that directory. Not that it matters much
I guess.

Vemund