db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jørgen Løland <Jorgen.Lol...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Opinions please - some questions regarding replication
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:45:49 GMT
A short summary of the thread so far:

1. Rick and Jørgen thinks it would be good to register a port. We will
use 8001 for now unless someone has another suggestion, but will write
clearly in the documentation that the default port is likely to change.
I will create a jira for this and then contact IANA to get a port.

2. Dan, Dibyendu and Jørgen thinks it would be good to move the
replication code to o.a.d.i.store.replication (since replication is
integrated with the store). I'll create a jira for this.

3. It is possible to make a separate jar for replication if we solve
some sealing issues (Dan, Narayanan), but with only 65K of uncompressed
class files it may not be worth it (Rick, Jørgen). *Not concluded yet.*

--
Jørgen Løland