db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Opinions please - some questions regarding replication
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:30:44 GMT
Jørgen Løland wrote:

> 2. About a week ago, Dibyendu Majumdar raised a question about
>    why the replication modules are placed under services and not
>    store. Should replication be moved from
>    org.apache.derby.{iapi|impl}.services.replication to e.g.
>    org.apache.derby.{iapi|impl}.store.replication, or is it OK to keep
>    the current placement?

I don't see the replication code falling into services. They are meant
to be low-level, mostly self-contained modules. It seems that
replication has a need for store modules? Is the replication code a
layer on top of store, or integral with the store. If it's a separate
layer then I would suggest its own layer.

   org.apache.derby.{iapi|impl}.replication

Dan.