db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:48:25 GMT
Jazarine Jamal wrote:
> Hi ....
>
> I would like to know if
> SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY in SystemProcedures.java is
> used only only when issuing a VALUES
> SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY() function call?
> If not, when is it otherwise executed? Just give one eg. if possible.
>
> I am working on a bug and the answer to this query will be very helpfull.
>
> Thanks..
Hi Jazarine,

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but here is an example
of invoking get_database_property in a query:

create function intToString
(
    intVal int
)
returns varchar( 10 )
language java
parameter style java
no sql
external name 'java.lang.Integer.toString'
;

select t2.*
    from
        sys.systables systabs,
        table (syscs_diag.space_table(systabs.tablename)) as t2
    where systabs.tabletype = 'T'
    and intToString( t2.pagesize
)=syscs_util.syscs_get_database_property( 'derby.storage.pageSize' )
;

Hope this helps,
-Rick