db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Patch available checkbox on the attach file page?
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:56:41 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2008 12:50 PM, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
>> Kristian Waagan wrote:
>>> Okay, thanks for checking Andrew.
>>> I'll investigate more tomorrow, this probably means starting a process
>>> with infra.
>>> Rick, thanks for giving me karma. Feel free to take it back, or inform
>>> me about the responsibilities and duties that comes with it if you
>>> plan to let me have it :)
>> Hi Kristian,
>> I don't have a primer on duties and responsibilities here. You now have
>> the ability to add users to the derby-dev list and to make various
>> JIRA-related changes--although apparently not the changes you are
>> interested in. If you don't want the power, I think you can revoke your
>> own privileges--haven't tried that experiment myself though.
>> However, I think it would be good if someone in your time zone had
>> administrator privileges. That will make us a more responsive community.
>> Andrew may want to give some more advice.
> The administrative duties for Derby's JIRA are light: creating new
> versions, merging old versions we no longer need to track, making new
> components, and most importantly granting new contributors access.
> While there usually isn't any urgency to these sorts of requests, I
> agree that it is good to have people in widely divergent time zones so
> that we can be more responsive to these infrequent but important
> requests from contributors. With the exception of Kristian, the
> current Derby JIRA admins are all in the Pacific time zone, so his
> assistance is certainly welcome here.

I'll be happy to assist.

Regarding the patch-available checkbox on the "Attach File" screen, this
seems to be a bit harder to fix than anticipated. I have learned that
ASF has changed the on-disk template for this screen, and also that
modification of the screen is not supported through the admin GUI in an
"out-of-the-box" Jira installation (contacted Atlassian people, and also
installed Jira locally to try it out myself).

Since this change has to be project specific, it seems we are left with
a Jira plugin. I have never written a Jira plugin.
Taking the short amount of time until feature freeze into consideration,
I have to back down on this issue. I might pursue it further at a later

If anyone has experience with Jira customization, feel free to take over
or express your thoughts.

> andrew

View raw message