db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: minimized DataSourceTest for JSR169?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 22:07:39 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I was poking at the DataSourceTest recently, I noticed it doesn't
> run with JSR169.

btw - I think this is a symptom of a bigger issue where a complete set
of fixtures from a test class is not run on J2ME even though only a
handful of features actually require features not in JSR 169.

Sometimes this is because the test class needs to be split into two to
avoid loading classes such as java.sql.Driver in J2ME. This would result
in a set of fixtures in class A that run everywhere and set in class B
that require JDBC 3. It's not done because it's extra work and easier
just to disable all for JSR 169.

The good news is that fixtures are usually fairly easy to separate from
other fixtures because they are meant to be standalone tests.

Dan.