db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: HighValueFixCandidates (was Re: Blockers and 10.4)
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 19:41:04 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

> I wonder what the criteria are to get things on this wiki? Is it just
> up to whomever wants to add or remove something there?

Pretty Much.  This is a description of the page:
This Wiki page is where members of the development community and those
involved in support and QA can list fixes that they see as giving a
potentially high return on time investment based on:

    *

      Frequency and likelihood the issue might be hit by users.

    *

      Estimated difficulty of fix.

    *

      Risk to existing users if the fix is implemented.

    *

      Severity of the issue.

    *

      Availability of a workaround.

    *

      The amount of user/developer time is wasted by the issue.

Just a smaller list for bug fixers to look at if they don't want to go
through the 302 open bugs that we have.
> For instance, DERBY-1482 is marked as minor, and has no
> watchers/voters...I'd remove it...(still needs to get fixed, of
> course, I just wonder about the "high value").

I saw it as a likely user hit,  but perhaps you are right, since nobody
has seemed to have hit it so far, maybe it doesn't qualify.

Kathey