db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject building demo code, was: Bug fixes in trunk that are not in 10.3 branch
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:03:30 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>> I had to build the demo with javac -g -d $WS/classes. It did not seem
>> to build automatically as part of the build. I don't know if that is a
>> problem.
> I think there is a separate ant target for it, vti-demo that you can
> run. But as you say, that target is not run automatically
I think that this target can be wired into the general build now. This
target was removed from the ordinary build because the demo code
requires Java 5. Since then we decided to require Java 5 so I believe
that the impediment has been removed. I haven't gotten around to
changing the build. Feel free to!

However, even if we make this change, the demo classes will be built
into the classtree but not into any jar files. Part of me thinks that
some of these table functions (e.g., the PropertyFileVTI) are generic
and mature enough that they could migrate into the tools subtree.

View raw message