db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Bug fixes in trunk that are not in 10.3 branch
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:36:55 GMT
Thanks Kristian for the reformatted report.
Kristian Waagan wrote:

> I see that I worked on two of the issues (3308 and 3079), but I didn't
> backport them because I wasn't quite sure about which guidelines to
> follow.

I think if a change will likely benefit users and offers low risk of
regression or impact to existing users it is a good candidate for
backport. DERBY-3308 sounds like it might likely hit in a production
scenario and be hard to diagnose, so if you consider it low risk, I
think that would be a good candidate for backport. I doubt DERBY-3079
on the other hand is going to cause anyone too much trouble, so may not
be worth the backport effort.  In general it is a personal judgement call.

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/MoveAChangeBetweenBranches

offers some guidance about backporting changes. You can also always ask
on the list if you are want additional opinions.

Kathey