db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Bug fixes in trunk that are not in 10.3 branch
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:20:35 GMT
Kathey Marsden skrev:
> I used a slightly modified version of Rick's Jira VTI demo (Thanks
> Rick!) to take a report of the bugs affecting 10.3 that are fixed in
> the trunk but not 10.3 and thought it might be of general interest to
> the community.  In general I think we have done a good job of
> backporting fixes so users can benefit right away.

Hi Kathey,

Thanks for looking into this. The listing was a bit garbled in my mail
client, so I took the liberty to reformat it for easier reading.
I see that I worked on two of the issues (3308 and 3079), but I didn't
backport them because I wasn't quite sure about which guidelines to follow.

DERBY-3366: Various formatting erros in L10N property files
DERBY-3350: SQL CAST always marks its type as nullable even if the
expression to be cast is not nullable
DERBY-3308: Broken synchronization for event handling in
ClientPooledConnection40
DERBY-3298: Getting Started manual needs clearer introduction to
connection URL
DERBY-3278: Developer's Guide topic cdevdvlp51654 has duplicate
information on connection URL
DERBY-3274: Developer's Guide has duplicate information on database
connections
DERBY-3262: Documentation is missing cross-references for connection URL
attributes
DERBY-3226: BlobLocatorInputStream.read() and
ClobLocatorInputStream.read() don't mask out sign bits
DERBY-3215: Potential NullPointerException in CachedPage class
DERBY-3168: Reference Manual lacks topics on trace-related connection
URL attributes
DERBY-3160: SYSCS_GET_USER_ACCESS incorrectly treats the passed in user
name as a SQL identifier and thus can reports the wron&
DERBY-3084: CREATE SCHEMA in refman does not contain material on
restrictions in sqlAuthorization mode
DERBY-3079: Database name is printed twice in derby.log on rollbacks
when logStatementText  is enabled
DERBY-3060: Network Server incorrectly assumes that all SQLExceptions
with error code 08004 are caused by an authentication fa&
DERBY-2948: Reoccurrence of DERBY-2842: derbynet/testconnection.java
fails with '...Connection refused: connect' expecting 'Co&
DERBY-2935: DDMReader.readLengthAndCodePoint() decodes long integer
incorrectly
DERBY-2815: ij doesn't start with J2ME / JSR169 / weme6.1 because
attempting to find java.sql.Driver if ij.protocol property i&
DERBY-2733: ij rolls through NullPointerException (NPE) with
J2ME/JSR169/WEME 6.1.
DERBY-2270: '18 ' (18 followed by four blanks) needs three more blanks
DERBY-1823: Derby Developer's Guide -  Issues w/ User authentication and
authorization extended examples section/paragraph

regards,
--
Kristian