db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some questions regarding Derby Store
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 00:48:36 GMT
Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:

> Thanks - that's very useful. Would you be able to point me to the
> "primary" modules that exist in Derby?
> Is org.apache.derby.impl.db.BasicDatabase the primary module for the
> PersistentService?

For a database the primary module as its interface is:

org.apache.derby.database.Database

and for the jdbc layer

org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver

Note that the jdbc layer used to use java.sql.Driver as the interface,
which showed that any interface could be used as the protocol for the
monitor. It was only changed to a Derby specific class because
java.sql.Driver was not part of JSR169 (jdbc subset) for J2ME/CDC.

Dan.