db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Nielsen <Thomas.Niel...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Patch available checkbox on the attach file page?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:35:01 GMT
Jørgen Løland wrote:
> Kristian Waagan wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When I upload new files to Jira issues, I'm often a bit annoyed by
>> the fact that I have to first upload the file(s) and then go edit the
>> issue to tic the patch available checkbox.
>> It also generates two mails.
>>
>> Would it make sense to include the patch available checkbox on the
>> attach file page/dialog?
>>

>> I have not investigated how this can be done, but if people think it
>> is a useful change I can do a little research.
>> I checked quickly with infra, and based on the feedback I got it
>> seems we would be allowed to make such a change if it is feasible.
>
> +1, and if possible also default to "Grant license to ASF...".

+1 from me too on patch available if possible.

I have second thoughts over defaulting to "Grant license to ASF ... ".
That could lead to someone adding code which is owned by someone else
*with* a grant ASF even when that wasn't intentional. I fear that could
lead to a very big legal mess (but no I'm not a lawyer so I could be
wrong). Forcing the user to click the radio button means they make a
conscious choice wrt granting ASF the license?

Just my 2-cents :)

Thomas