db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kathey Marsden (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Created: (DERBY-3486) timestampArith.java fails on 10.1 on 2./28 with leap year related isssues
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:06:51 GMT
timestampArith.java fails on 10.1 on 2./28 with leap year related isssues 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                 Key: DERBY-3486
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3486
             Project: Derby
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: SQL, Test
    Affects Versions: 10.1.3.2
            Reporter: Kathey Marsden
            Priority: Minor


I am not sure yet if this is a test issue or a product issue.  The junit test on trunk passed
fine last night. 2/28.  On 10.1 timestampArith.java failed with the following diff:

********* Diff file derbyall/derbylang/timestampArith.diff
*** Start: timestampArith jdk1.4.2 derbyall:derbylang 2008-02-28 20:36:41 ***
2 del
< PASSED.
2 add
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF( SQL_TSI_MONTH, {d '2009-02-28'},{t
'12:00:00'})})'.  Expected -12 got -11.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF( SQL_TSI_MONTH, {d '2009-02-28'},{t
'12:00:00'})})'.  Expected -12 got -11.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF( SQL_TSI_MONTH, {t '12:00:00'},{d '2009-02-28'})})'.
 Expected 12 got 11.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF( SQL_TSI_MONTH, {t '12:00:00'},{d '2009-02-28'})})'.
 Expected 12 got 11.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF( SQL_TSI_QUARTER, {d '2009-02-28'},{t
'12:00:00'})})'.  Expected -4 got -3.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF( SQL_TSI_QUARTER, {d '2009-02-28'},{t
'12:00:00'})})'.  Expected -4 got -3.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF( SQL_TSI_QUARTER, {t '12:00:00'},{d
'2009-02-28'})})'.  Expected 4 got 3.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF( SQL_TSI_QUARTER, {t '12:00:00'},{d
'2009-02-28'})})'.  Expected 4 got 3.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF( SQL_TSI_YEAR, {d '2009-02-28'},{t
'12:00:00'})})'.  Expected -1 got 0.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF( SQL_TSI_YEAR, {d '2009-02-28'},{t
'12:00:00'})})'.  Expected -1 got 0.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF( SQL_TSI_YEAR, {t '12:00:00'},{d '2009-02-28'})})'.
 Expected 1 got 0.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF( SQL_TSI_YEAR, {t '12:00:00'},{d '2009-02-28'})})'.
 Expected 1 got 0.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPADD( SQL_TSI_WEEK, 1,{t '12:00:00'})})'.
 Expected xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxxgot xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxx.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPADD( SQL_TSI_WEEK, 1,{t '12:00:00'})})'.
 Expected xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxxgot xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxx.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPADD( SQL_TSI_MONTH, 12,{t '12:00:00'})})'.
 Expected xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxxgot xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxx.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPADD( SQL_TSI_MONTH, 12,{t '12:00:00'})})'.
 Expected xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxxgot xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxx.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPADD( SQL_TSI_QUARTER, 4,{t '12:00:00'})})'.
 Expected xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxxgot xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxx.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPADD( SQL_TSI_QUARTER, 4,{t '12:00:00'})})'.
 Expected xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxxgot xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxx.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPADD( SQL_TSI_YEAR, 1,{t '12:00:00'})})'.
 Expected xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxxgot xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxx.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPADD( SQL_TSI_YEAR, 1,{t '12:00:00'})})'.
 Expected xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxxgot xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxx.
> FAILED. 20 errors.
Test Failed.
*** End:   timestampArith jdk1.4.2 derbyall:derbylang 2008-02-28 20:36:47 ***

Running the test on 2/29 I see a smaller diff:
Framework: embedded
*** Start: timestampArith jdk1.4.2_07 2008-02-29 12:48:03 ***
2 del
< PASSED.
2 add
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPADD( SQL_TSI_WEEK, 1,{t '12:00:00
'})})'.  Expected xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxxgot xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxx
.
> Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPADD( SQL_TSI_WEEK, 1,{t '12:00:00
'})})'.  Expected xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxxgot xxxxxxFILTERED-TIMESTAMPxxxxx
.
> FAILED. 2 errors.
Test Failed.
*** End:   timestampArith jdk1.4.2_07 2008-02-29 12:48:20 ***

where the tmp file is:
Test timestamp arithmetic starting.
Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPADD( SQL_TSI_WEEK, 1,{t '12:00:00'}
)})'.  Expected 2008-03-06 12:00:00.0 got 2008-03-07 12:00:00.0.
Unexpected result from 'values( {fn TIMESTAMPADD( SQL_TSI_WEEK, 1,{t '12:00:00'}
)})'.  Expected 2008-03-06 12:00:00.0 got 2008-03-07 12:00:00.0.
FAILED. 2 errors.





-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message