db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Strange NPE in 10.1
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:18:37 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> It could be the jit is messing up the line numbers for the NPE,
> especially if it is in-lining code. Could the NPE be in the
> BrokeredStatement constructor.
Here is the BrokeredStatement constructor:

BrokeredStatement(BrokeredStatementControl control, int jdbcLevel)
throws SQLException
    {
        this.control = control;
        this.jdbcLevel = jdbcLevel;

        // save the state of the Statement while we are pretty much
guaranteed the
        // underlying statement is open.
        resultSetType = getResultSetType();
        resultSetConcurrency = getResultSetConcurrency();

        resultSetHoldability = getResultSetHoldability();
    }

Following the possible codepaths through the BrokeredStatement
constructor we could get to XAStatementControl.getRealStatement() which
might have a null xaconnection.
I could try fixing DERBY-2142, if you think it might be related. Seems a
little like a shot in the dark since they say they have only a single
connection going at the time, but I suppose it would be good to have
that fixed anyway.

Kathey

Kathey