db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Getting the LangaugeConnectionContext
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:19:36 GMT
Jazarine Jamal wrote:
> Hi Dan..
>
> What I actually am trying to do is to get an object's type..i.e. is it a
> table, view or synonym..

Hello,

I'm still a little bit confused. Are you in JDBC-code, or are you
modifying Derby's source code?

If you are using JDBC to access a database and need to know the type of
something, I think the various metadata calls, as specified by the JDBC
standard, is the correct way to get what you want.

If you are modifying Derby's source code (writing your own extension,
changing behavior or similar), then I think you'll have to give more
details before anyone can help you in a good way.

regards,
--
Kristian