db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jørgen Løland (JIRA) <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (DERBY-3361) Specifying a non-existant slaveHost for startSlave seemingly succeeds in starting slave mode.
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:20:34 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3361?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12563489#action_12563489
] 

Jørgen Løland commented on DERBY-3361:
--------------------------------------

Currently, any attempt of running startSlave that does not fail authorization will report
that slave mode was started successfully. Before returning the "successfully started" message
to the client, we need to verify that everything is well. This issue will handle the reported
problem and any other reason for slave replication to fail starting.

Note that the reason for this problem is that when SlaveDatabase is booted, it kicks off a
new thread that boots the store modules. Hence, any exception thrown as part of booting store
is not currently propagated to the client.

> Specifying a non-existant slaveHost for startSlave seemingly succeeds in starting slave
mode.
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-3361
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3361
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Replication
>    Affects Versions: 10.4.0.0
>         Environment: Trunk (615841) + patch DERBY-3205/stopSlave_v1b 
>            Reporter: Ole Solberg
>            Assignee: Jørgen Løland
>
> Specifying a non-existant slaveHost for startSlave seemingly succeeds in starting slave
mode.
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  CONNECT 'jdbc:derby://atum11:9999/test;startSlave=true;slaveHost=noSuchHost;slavePort=8989';
> ERROR XRE08: DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XRE08, SQLERRMC: Replication slave
mode started successfully for database 'test'. Connection refused because the database is
in replication slave mode. 
> Slave derby.log shows a NPE:
> --------------------------------------
> 2008-01-29 11:52:40.050 GMT:
>  Booting Derby version The Apache Software Foundation - Apache Derby - 10.4.0.0 alpha
- (615841M): instance c013800d-0117-c563-d051-000003bf6570
> on database directory /export/home/tmp/os136789/Replication_common_Trunk/slave/test 

> Database Class Loader started - derby.database.classpath=''
> 2008-01-29 11:52:40.308 GMT:
> Shutting down instance c013800d-0117-c563-d051-000003bf6570
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> 2008-01-29 11:52:40.320 GMT:
>  Booting Derby version The Apache Software Foundation - Apache Derby - 10.4.0.0 alpha
- (615841M): instance a816c00e-0117-c563-d051-000003bf6570
> on database directory /export/home/tmp/os136789/Replication_common_Trunk/slave/test 

> 2008-01-29 11:52:40.814 GMT Thread[DRDAConnThread_2,5,main] Cleanup action starting
> ERROR XRE08: Replication slave mode started successfully for database 'test'. Connection
refused because the database is in replication slave mode. 
> 	at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(StandardException.java:290)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(EmbedConnection.java:423)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(EmbedConnection30.java:73)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection40.<init>(EmbedConnection40.java:54)
> 	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.getNewEmbedConnection(Driver40.java:68)
> 	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(InternalDriver.java:211)
> 	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(AutoloadedDriver.java:119)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.Database.makeConnection(Database.java:234)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.getConnFromDatabaseName(DRDAConnThread.java:1346)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.verifyUserIdPassword(DRDAConnThread.java:1296)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseSECCHK(DRDAConnThread.java:3033)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseDRDAConnection(DRDAConnThread.java:1090)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(DRDAConnThread.java:932)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(DRDAConnThread.java:277)
> Cleanup action completed
> 2008-01-29 11:52:40.816 GMT Thread[DRDAConnThread_2,5,main] Cleanup action starting
> ERROR XRE08: Replication slave mode started successfully for database 'test'. Connection
refused because the database is in replication slave mode. 
> 	at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(StandardException.java:290)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(EmbedConnection.java:423)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(EmbedConnection30.java:73)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection40.<init>(EmbedConnection40.java:54)
> 	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.getNewEmbedConnection(Driver40.java:68)
> 	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(InternalDriver.java:211)
> 	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(AutoloadedDriver.java:119)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.Database.makeConnection(Database.java:234)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.getConnFromDatabaseName(DRDAConnThread.java:1346)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.verifyUserIdPassword(DRDAConnThread.java:1296)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseSECCHK(DRDAConnThread.java:3033)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseDRDAConnection(DRDAConnThread.java:1090)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(DRDAConnThread.java:932)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(DRDAConnThread.java:277)
> Cleanup action completed
> 2008-01-29 11:52:40.816 GMT Thread[DRDAConnThread_2,5,main] (DATABASE = test), (DRDAID
= {1}), Replication slave mode started successfully for database 'test'. Connection refused
because the database is in replication slave mode. 
> New exception raised during cleanup null
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.replication.slave.SlaveController.stopSlave(SlaveController.java:259)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.replication.slave.SlaveController.stopSlave(SlaveController.java:287)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.db.SlaveDatabase.stop(SlaveDatabase.java:149)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.stop(TopService.java:405)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.shutdown(TopService.java:349)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.shutdown(BaseMonitor.java:235)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.db.DatabaseContextImpl.cleanupOnError(DatabaseContextImpl.java:60)
> 	at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.context.ContextManager.cleanupOnError(ContextManager.java:330)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.cleanupOnError(TransactionResourceImpl.java:419)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(TransactionResourceImpl.java:337)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(EmbedConnection.java:1859)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleStopReplicationSlave(EmbedConnection.java:747)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(EmbedConnection.java:296)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(EmbedConnection30.java:73)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection40.<init>(EmbedConnection40.java:54)
> 	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.getNewEmbedConnection(Driver40.java:68)
> 	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(InternalDriver.java:211)
> 	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(AutoloadedDriver.java:119)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.db.SlaveDatabase.handleShutdown(SlaveDatabase.java:317)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.db.SlaveDatabase.access$200(SlaveDatabase.java:73)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.db.SlaveDatabase$SlaveDatabaseBootThread.run(SlaveDatabase.java:293)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> Cleanup action completed

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message