db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject JUnit problem
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 20:04:57 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to create some test cases that only will be run when using
DerbyNetClient. This is what I do:

    private static Test baseSuite(String name) {
        TestSuite suite = new TestSuite(name);

        suite.addTestSuite(StatementJdbc30Test.class);

        if  (usingDerbyNetClient()) {
            // These test CAN be run in embedded mode as well, but
            // they're only meaningful in c/s mode and also take quite
            // a bit of time to run.
            suite.addTest(new StatementJdbc30Test
                          ("xtestMultiExecWithQueryTimeout"));
            suite.addTest(new StatementJdbc30Test
                          ("xtestMaxOpenStatementsWithQueryTimeout"));
        }

        return new CleanDatabaseTestSetup(suite) {

But when I run StatementJdbc30Test I don't see the x-test cases being
run. If comment out  "if  (usingDerbyNetClient()) {" the testcases run just
fine (in both frameworks), so it would seem that the predicate is not
doing what I expect. Does anyone know what I'm missing here?

--
dt