db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: JUnit problem
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 08:51:04 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org> writes:

> Does this help:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJunitTestConfiguration
>
> Basically you need to define in the suite method how you want your
> test fixtures to be run. There is no outside agent at setup time
> saying it's running in "client" or "embedded" mode.
>
> Once a fixture is running, then the usingDerbyNetClient() methods make
> sense, they indicate a fixture is running in that mode.

Ok, thanks Dan and Knut. I think I understand. The strange thing,
however, is that I more or less copied this from ProcedureTest.java:

    private static Test baseSuite(String name)
    {
        TestSuite suite = new TestSuite(name);

        // Need JDBC 2 DriverManager to run these tests
        if (JDBC.vmSupportsJDBC2()) {

        suite.addTestSuite(ProcedureTest.class);
        if (!usingDerbyNet()) {
            suite.addTest
                (new ProcedureTest
                 ("xtestExecuteUpdateWithNoDynamicResultSets"));
            suite.addTest
                (new ProcedureTest
                 ("xtestExecuteUpdateWithNoDynamicResultSets_prepared"));
            suite.addTest
                (new ProcedureTest
                 ("xtestExecuteUpdateWithOneDynamicResultSet_prepared"));

dt