db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: maven trouble
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 08:40:32 GMT

> I am following the release instructions for maven deployment and
> am having trouble using maven accessing jars on http://www.ibiblio.org.
>
> I am guessing it is an issue with the site, because if I access the
> url directly, I just get some text and not the option to
> download. Anyone know how to workaround this problem.

Hi Kathey,

I experienced the same problem when I tried to build the DB site using
Maven 1.0.2. It turned out that the jars had been moved from
www.ibiblio.org, and Maven 1.0.x didn't support redirects. I solved it
by setting maven.repo.remote in project.properties:
http://www.nabble.com/svn-commit-3A-r580588----db-site-project.properties-to12956279.html

Now, README.txt under db/site explicitly says "Please use maven 1.0.2",
but I don't see any mentioning about that under the maven directory in
the Derby repository. The DerbySnapshotOrRelease wiki page says "the
latest Maven 1 distribution", so I guess moving to Maven 1.1, as you
did, was the correct solution.

--
Knut Anders