db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JUnit problem
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:03:25 GMT
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org> writes:
>
>> Does this help:
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyJunitTestConfiguration
>>
>> Basically you need to define in the suite method how you want your
>> test fixtures to be run. There is no outside agent at setup time
>> saying it's running in "client" or "embedded" mode.
>>
>> Once a fixture is running, then the usingDerbyNetClient() methods make
>> sense, they indicate a fixture is running in that mode.
>
> Ok, thanks Dan and Knut. I think I understand. The strange thing,
> however, is that I more or less copied this from ProcedureTest.java:

Hi Dyre,

ProcedureTest was written before we had the JUnit framework that we have
today. In the old framework, we started a new process whenever we wanted
to run client/server tests, and set the framework system property to
"DerbyNetClient". Therefore, within a single JUnit run, there would
never be a mix of embedded tests and client/server tests, so checking
the current mode in suite() was OK. This was probably overlooked when
the test was moved from the old JUnit framework to the new framework.

--
Knut Anders