db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ok to add optional timeout/sleep property for junit framework?
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 18:35:02 GMT
> Could this really be a bug, if the server doesn't start in over five
> minutes, even on a slow machine?
>
> Dan.

I guess it could be...But, wouldn't it just never come up, then?
The problem I see isn't with just starting network server, but more
with running the tests...
And I could get the test to pass when I increased both sleep and wait time...
Actually, it seemed to me on the one machine I'm currently thinking
of, it was more the shutting down that took a very long time...It
appears to me on this machine deleting of files takes especially long,
could that be related?

Myrna