db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject ok to add optional timeout/sleep property for junit framework?
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 00:55:22 GMT
Hi,

The junit networkserver tests run with a setting that's specified in -
at least - NetworkServerTestSetup.
I find that this may not be applicable for all machines; I ran on some
slower machines and the setting wasn't enough.

I remember that one of the detractors for the old test harness was
that it had so many properties one could set, but I'm wondering if it
would be ok to add an optional system property for this.
Currently, I have a choice to either cook up derbyTesting.jar, or make
the changes for my slow machine applicable to everyone, and I'd rather
have an optional overwrite.

Thoughts?

Thx,
Myrna