db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change to Derby build soon
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 22:28:09 GMT
On Dec 18, 2007 7:19 AM, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
> I have checked in this change: subversion revision 605224. Now by
> default, the Derby build will try to figure out how to set its compiler
> variables, based on your platform and vm. You can override these
> defaults by hardcoding your own values for java14compile.classpath and
> java15compile.classpath in your ant.properties. If you experience build
> problems after syncing to this revision, you can revert to the old
> behavior by adding the following line to your ant.properties:
> dontAutosetProps=true
> If you do experience problems, however, I'd like to hear about them so
> that we can make the build smart enough to handle your environment.

After this change I was surprised when builds in one environment
failed to properly find the 1.5 runtime libraries, despite the fact
that Ant was running in a Sun JDK 1.5. It appears that PropertySetter
checks the directory above java.home for all the JVMs, but I don't
have mine in a directory with the standard naming. It's just 'jdk15',
not 'j2se1.5.0_x'. It seems to be that it would be good to get the
runtime libraries for the VM you are using to run Ant. You'll always
be able to set the classpath for one vm level that way. :-)

View raw message