db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostga...@Sun.COM>
Subject test* methods may get executed in a different order
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:24:12 GMT
I'm trying to get all the tests in suites.All to run successfully with
the phoneME advanced platform.

A problem I have discovered is that when JUnit creates a suite of tests
from the test* methods in a class, I get them executed in a different
order on this platform (seems to be the exact opposite order). I guess
reflection behaves a little different, I don't think it's a bug. This
causes some tests to fail because they are not really independent of the
order that the test* methods in the class get executed, but the methods
happen to be executed in an order that works when running on other JVMs.

I don't think it's a huge issue, I don't know yet how many tests are
failing because of this as there is still too much noise in my
testresults, but I've discovered a few so far. I just wanted to mention
it so that people are aware that the order the methods get executed in
may be different in other environments, even though they normally get
executed in the order they have in the file, so all the test* methods do
have to work independent of the order.

Vemund