db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Change to Derby build soon
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:52:49 GMT
Unless someone objects, tomorrow I would like to change the Derby build
so that, by default, the build will try to automatically set the
compiler properties if they are not already set in ant.properties. I
checked in this behavior a month ago, but right now you have to opt into
this behavior by setting the autosetProps flag. Tomorrow I would like to
change the build so that instead of opting into this behavior, you will
get it by default--of course, you will be able to opt out if necessary.

After making this change, the Derby build will behave this way:

1) If ant.properties is empty, then the build will try to set the
compiler properties based on your platform and vm vendor.

2) If this breaks the build for you, then you can get the old behavior
by setting a new flag in your ant.properties: dontAutosetProps.

Regards,
-Rick