db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby Style table functions
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 20:02:02 GMT
Brjc wrote:
> Hi Iam trying to create a table function which returns a JDBC ResultSet. For
> this Iam follwing the documentation provided here
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/cdevspecialtfbasic.html
>
> When Iam trying to register my function by ising the below mentioned
> construct I get a syntax error which says Syntax error: encountered TABLE at
> line xxx, colum xx
>

> CREATE FUNCTION createviews
> ()
> RETURNS TABLE
> (
>   WSID    INT,
> WSNAME  VARCHAR( 255 )
> )
> LANGUAGE JAVA
> PARAMETER STYLE DERBY_JDBC_RESULT_SET
> NO SQL
> EXTERNAL NAME 'com.views.create'
>
> Is there something which Iam missing out.
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Brjc

Hi Brjc,

Your syntax works fine for me when I run my tests in the development
trunk. Maybe you are running your experiment against an official release
of Derby like 10.2 or 10.3? Table Functions will be introduced in the
10.4 release, due out in the first quarter of next year.

Hope this helps,
-Rick