db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optimizer question
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:50:50 GMT
Thomas Nielsen wrote:

> If you look at my comments in DERBY-2998, I acutally got this far a
> while ago.

Oops, sorry about that.  I was just reading your email, I didn't read
the comments on DERBY-2998.  Apologies for the noise...

> One of the results of adding the extra if (!ref.pointsToOLAPFunction())
> was that certain very simple joins started failing.

Simple joins involving ROW_NUMBER(), or simple joins having nothing to
do with OLAP? (just curious)

> I should probably reenable the push, and start tracking down why the
> join fails.

I think that's a good next step.  If it turns out that this approach is
not going to work, it would at least be good to understand more about
why--and maybe that'll provide pointers to an alternate approach, if
needed...

Army