db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kim Haase <Camilla.Ha...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Searching the Derby Documentation
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 22:04:08 GMT
Laura Stewart wrote:
> On 11/19/07, Kim Haase <Camilla.Haase@sun.com> wrote:
>> Michelle Caisse wrote:
>>> Kim and Laura, I'm curious if you use an xml editor to edit the DITA, or
>>> do you use a text editor?
>> I use a text editor. I tried to use ArborText, which accommodates the
>> DTD just fine, but found that it changed the line endings in the files,
>> making the diffs invalid -- that is, the diffs file showed changes in
>> addition to the actual content changes. It also sticks an Arbortext
>> comment into each file.
>>
>> Kim
>>
>>> -- Michelle
>
> I use Arbortext. If the new files are setup to be eol independent
> (can't recall the command that you apply to the files, but it is
> probably on the Derby wiki) then that is not a problem. I use a tool
> called Search and Replace to remove the Arbortext comment line after I
> have completed my edits.

According to http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/dita.html, the commands
to be put in the .subversion/config file are

*.dita = svn:eol-style=native
*.ditamap = svn:eol-style=native
*.out = svn:eol-style=native

My diff files always indicate that this property is set -- for example,

  Property changes on: src/ref/rrefattribtracedirectory.dita
  Name: svn:eol-style
     + native

But this should have no effect on the behavior of Arbortext. Maybe
Arbortext works differently on Windows and UNIX. We have a UNIX version.

Kim