db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Creating User Types in Derby
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:09:59 GMT
Samuel Morgan <samdeking@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Guys,
>
> I will register and see what I can do.. Id love to help or even start
> developing it.. Im afraid I dont know where to start. Any suggestions?

Great!

For general information, have a look at:

http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_comm.html
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ForNewDevelopers

As for this particular issue, maybe Rick can offer some advice?
Looking at how this is used internally in the system tables is
probably a good start, e.g. in SYS.SYSCONGLOMERATES the column
DESCRIPTOR has the type org.apache.derby.catalog.IndexDescriptor.

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/ref/rrefsistabs38369.html

It may be advisable to tackle some smaller issue first, so you know
your way around a bit before you try to attack this issue. Your call :)

Thanks,
Dag