db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Please take a look at the release notes for 10.3.2.0
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:56:51 GMT
John Embretsen <John.Embretsen@Sun.COM> writes:

> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>>> For the next round of release notes I was thinking of this
>>> wording. Let me know if something else would be better:
>
> "JSR 169 - Java ME support was built using Java ME CDC/Foundation
> Specification 1.1 libraries from IBM WebSphere Everyplace Micro
> Environment 6.1"
>
> (from 10.3.2.1 release notes)
>
> Much better, thanks!

I'm nit-picking, I know, but since the Java ME libraries are passive
components, perhaps "built against" is better than "built using"? I'm
not a native speaker, but I would have used those two terms like this:
"I've built Derby *using* the [your-favourite-compiler-here] compiler
*against* the [your-favourite-library-here] libraries."

--
Knut Anders