db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with release note generator
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:48:59 GMT
Kathey, thanks for trying to resolve the problem with release notes for
DERBY-2967.

I had not intended to use any unprintable characters in the release notes. I
noticed that you mail above which has the release notes has ? characters(I
guess those are the unprintable characters) in the "Symptoms Seen by
Applications Affected by Change" section for DERBY-2967. Those ? characters
should really be just '. I see that there are other places in "Symptoms Seen
by Applications Affected by Change" where ' didn't get changed to
unprintable characters. I am not sure why some of ' are getting treated as
unprintable character. So, in short, wherever we see ? in the "Symptoms Seen
by Applications Affected by Change" section for DERBY-2967, we should really
have ' there.

Hope this is clear,
Mamta

On 11/26/07, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Rick Hillegas wrote:
> > Hi Kathey,
> >
> > I just downloaded the release note for DERBY-2967 and sanity-checked
> > it using the standalone ReleaseNoteReader (see
> > http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleaseNoteProcess). The sanity-checks
> > passed in my environment. Could you run the following experiment on
> > your machine:
> >
> > 1) Download the release note to your local machine.
> >
> > 2) Then sanity-check the release note by running the ReleaseNoteReader
> > on it.
> >
> On the original releaseNote.html I got errors, but then cut and pasted
> the page source into a new file which I attached to the issue and that
> seemed to pass without errors. After I deleted the original
> releaseNote.html file I was then able to get the "ant genrelnotes"
> target to run without the error but still got no release notes.  At any
> rate, I manually edited the  RELEASE-NOTES.html file to add the release
> note, which I have attached and will try to go with that. Mamta could
> you review/edit the  RELEASE-NOTES.html file in case I munged it.
>
> Thanks
>

> Kathey
>

>  Release Notes for Derby 10.3.2.0
>
> These notes describe the difference between Derby release 10.3.2.0 and the
> preceding release 10.3.1.4.
>

>    - Overview<http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1&ik=708f17284d&view=cv&search=inbox&th=1167de10c7fd8041&ww=1375&cvap=0&qt=&zx=6fijj3ezjssq#1167de10c7fd8041_Overview>
>    - New Features<http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1&ik=708f17284d&view=cv&search=inbox&th=1167de10c7fd8041&ww=1375&cvap=0&qt=&zx=6fijj3ezjssq#1167de10c7fd8041_New+Features>
>    - Bug Fixes<http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1&ik=708f17284d&view=cv&search=inbox&th=1167de10c7fd8041&ww=1375&cvap=0&qt=&zx=6fijj3ezjssq#1167de10c7fd8041_Bug+Fixes>
>    - Issues<http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1&ik=708f17284d&view=cv&search=inbox&th=1167de10c7fd8041&ww=1375&cvap=0&qt=&zx=6fijj3ezjssq#1167de10c7fd8041_Issues>
>    - Build Environment<http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1&ik=708f17284d&view=cv&search=inbox&th=1167de10c7fd8041&ww=1375&cvap=0&qt=&zx=6fijj3ezjssq#1167de10c7fd8041_Build+Environment>
>
> Overview
>
> Derby is a pure Java relational database engine using standard SQL and
> JDBC as its APIs.
>
> Derby functionality includes:
>
>    - Embedded engine with JDBC drivers
>    - Network Server
>    - Network client JDBC drivers
>    - Command line tools: ij (SQL scripting), dblook (schema dump) and
>    sysinfo (system info)
>
> New Features
>
> This is a maintenance release. No new features have been added.
>
> Bug Fixes
>
> The following issues are addressed by Derby release 10.3.2.0. These issues
> are not addressed in the preceding 10.3.1.4 release.
> [...]
New
> simple demo suitable for supported Java ME platforms DERBY-3187<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3187>
SimpleApp
> (demo) does not work in a client setting DERBY-3176<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3176>
J2ME
> support for phoneME platform disabled in 10.3 DERBY-3175<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3175>
NullPointerException
> on INSERT after ALTER TABLE ... DROP COLUMN DERBY-3159<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3159>
SYSCS_SET_USER_ACCESS
> fails if the user name contains characters not allowed in regular
> identifiers.  DERBY-3158 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3158> Repeat
> calls to SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_USER_ACCESS() for the same user and permission
> fail with repeated user in list exception. DERBY-3147<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3147>
Remove
> unused code that allow identifiers to be lower-cased. DERBY-3142<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3142>
sysinfo
> ignores derby.ui.locale DERBY-3136<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3136>
Cut
> down on object creations in LIKE clause implementation of territory based
> characters. DERBY-3133 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3133> Syntax
> for GRANT table permission does not mention that several privileges may be
> specified in a list DERBY-3126<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3126>
Inserting
> BigDecimal value in PreparedStatement with setBigDecimal into double column
> loses fractional digits DERBY-3123<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3123>
Style
> sheet (CSS) references in demo HTML files are incorrect DERBY-3119<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3119>
Derby
> does not resolve functions to methods with Integer return type. DERBY-3118<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3118>
Simple
> demo is out of date DERBY-3110<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3110>
server
> hangs after trace on command fails DERBY-3109<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3109>
Nonexistent
> property derby.database.defaultAccessMode shown in Developers Guide: User
> Authentication examples DERBY-3107<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3107>
On
> client, Clob.free() does not release locators. DERBY-3099<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3099>
Possible
> bug in interaction with buffer manager causing pages not to be freed on
> rollback to savepoint DERBY-3098<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3098>
LOB
> locks are not released after free(). DERBY-3096<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3096>
SSL
> handshake throws "bad_certificate" when server tries to authenticate client
> DERBY-3093 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3093> Intermittent
> transaction failure caused by internal duplicate savepoint name for triggers
> DERBY-3086 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3086> The server
> policy needs to grant derbynet.jar more permissions so that sysinfo and
> drda tracing will work DERBY-3085<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3085>
Fails
> to handle BLOB fields with a PreparedStatement with size >32750 bytes
> DERBY-3081 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3081> cannot create
> instance of generated class because of java.lang.VerifyError in 4 tests on
> IBM iseries DERBY-3080 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3080> With
> TERRITORY_BASED collation, when multiple characters map to a single
> collation element '_' matches a single collation element rather than a
> single character DERBY-3077<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3077> Trying
> to reconnect with derby client after bringing server down throws SQL
> Exception 58009 rather than 08XXX exception DERBY-3075<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3075>
Client
> error: 08001 Error connecting to server.. throws
> SQLTransientConnectionException instead of
> SQLNonTransientConnectionException DERBY-3074<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3074>
Database
> shutdown exception 08006 throws SQLTransientConnectionException instead of
> SQLNonTransientConnectionException DERBY-3061<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3061>
Wrong
> results from query with two conjuncts DERBY-3046<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3046>
setObj(int,Object,int)
> causes NPE if no parameter markers are present; should generate SQLException
> as for setObject(int,Object) DERBY-3038<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3038>
SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE
> FAILS with No current connection after shutdown/reconnect to encrypted
> database : 10.3.1.4 regression  DERBY-3033<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3033>
select
> query results in nullpointer exception in skipScan() DERBY-3032<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3032>
> java.lang.ClassCastException returning null from a case statement in
> subquery DERBY-3025 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3025> NPE
> when connecting to database with securityMechanism=8 DERBY-3007<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3007>
Documentation
> - SYSCS EXPORT TABLE system procedures cannot export data to an existing
> file DERBY-3000 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3000> getTables()
> call with 10.3 causes java.sql.SQLException: The parameter position '8' is
> out of range. The number of parameters for this prepared statement is '7'.
> DERBY-2989 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2989> Insert into
> table with constraints fails if the table name is "indicator" (or any other
> SQL keyword) DERBY-2986 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2986> Query
> involving CASE statement significantly slower in 10.3.1.4 than in 10.2.2.0
> DERBY-2972 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2972> Update or
> select with function in the where clause causes with TERRITORY_BASED
> collation fails with ERROR 42818: Comparisons between 'VARCHAR' and
> 'VARCHAR' are not supported. DERBY-2967<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2967>
Single
> character does not match high value unicode character with collation
> TERRITORY_BASED DERBY-2961<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2961>
> TriggerTest.testTypesINActionStatement fails with 'ASSERT FAILED
> col1.getClass() (class org.apache.derby.iapi.types.SQLClob) expected to be
> the same as col2.getClass() (class
> org.apache.derby.iapi.types.CollatorSQLClob) DERBY-2957<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2957>
ASSERT
> FAILED col1.getClass() (class org.apache.derby.iapi.types.SQLChar)
> expected to be the same as col2.getClass() (class
> org.apache.derby.iapi.types.CollatorSQLChar) in NistScripts dml002 test
> with collated database DERBY-2910<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2910>
SimpleStringOperatorNode
> in it's bindExpression method generates a character string CAST if required
> but does not set the correct collation. DERBY-2906<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2906>
> derbynet.jar & derbytools.jar incorrectly have a
> META-INF/services/java.sql.Driver entry DERBY-2902<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2902>
AS
> IDENTITY (START WITH -9223372036854775808) fails DERBY-2564<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2564>
> ContextService.notifyAllActiveThreads() and network server code need a
> privileged block around the calls to Thread.interrupt() DERBY-2352<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2352>
Assertion
> Failure with order by and group by expression DERBY-2351<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2351>
ORDER
> BY with expression with distinct in the select list returns incorrect result
> DERBY-2297 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2297> In the Dev
> Guide example derby.database.readOnlyAccessUsers is incorrectly mentioned
> as derby.database.readAccessUsers  DERBY-2188<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2188>
Developer's
> Guide talks about a jdbc url property "locale" which is not supported by
> Derby. DERBY-2073 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2073> Inserting
> BigDecimal value in PreparedStatement into double column loses fractional
> digits DERBY-2016 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2016> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
> for COALESCE with aggregate functions DERBY-1790<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1790>
> DatabaseMetaData.getTables() with passed in table type of SYNONYM returns
> system tables and not SYNONYMS DERBY-1769<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1769>
Add
> mention that Derby supports rowUpdated, rowDeleted with a result set
> concurrency of CONCUR_READ_ONLY DERBY-974<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-974>
ClientDriver
> can lose some connection properties DERBY-857<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-857>
LDAP
> user authentication fails under a security manager
>
> Issues
>
> Compared with the previous release (10.3.1.4), Derby release 10.3.2.0introduces the following
new features and incompatibilities. These merit