db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fix in version 10.3.1.5 vs 10.3.2.0?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 22:10:25 GMT
> Hi,
>
> When I commit a change into 10.3 codeline, what should I use for fixin
> version ie 10.3.1.5 or 10.3.2.0?
>
> I made the decision to choose 10.3.1.5 for DERBY-3178 because that is
> what sysinfo showed me. Is that assumption correct? If yes, then what
> is the purpose of 10.3.2.0?
>
> I hope this is not a topic that was discussed already and I managed to
> miss the discussion.
>
> thanks,
> Mamta

My 2 cents: that is the approach that we basically take with candidate
releases too - for instance, with 10.3.1.0 - 10.3.1.4 we marked things
as fixed in whatever sysinfo reported, then right after cutting the
next candidate release, we bump up the last digit.
I think the purpose of 10.3.2.0 fix-in is more of a 'for the future'.
Or, maybe for scheduling?

Myrna