db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bumping the third digit for maintenance release
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 20:44:45 GMT
On 11/2/07, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> At some point I need to bump the version from 10.3.1.5 to 10.3.2.0 for
> the maintenance release release candidate.  Should this happen right
> before the release candidate is made or should it have occurred right
> after the last release was finalized?
>
> Kathey

It's an interesting question - things like this bothered me too when I
started on the 10.3.1. road.

Note, that the only place where I think this matters really, is in
generating the release notes and JIRA maintenance.

I think it could not possibly have occurred right after the last
release was finalized because we didn't know we were going to have a
10.3.2.

So, you'll need to do it *right before* creating your first 10.3.2.
release candidate.
When you create the release notes, you'll need to somehow tell the
release notes generator to take everything from 10.3.1.4 onward.

I struggled with this quite a bit (as there were 4 candidates for
10.3.1) and resorted to modifying the release note generator with
hardcoded add-ons. If there are more than one candidate (with
additional bug fixes in between), you'll need to add more version
numbers (in jira, and the release notes).

Myrna