db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Laura Stewart" <scotsmat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching the Derby Documentation
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:39:21 GMT
On 11/14/07, Lance J. Andersen <Lance.Andersen@sun.com> wrote:
> Perhaps this is an indication that we need to revisit the layout of the
> manuals to make them easier to use and put this as a high priority for
> things to address going forward.  If the documentation is difficult to
> navigate, this can be a turnoff to users.
>
> Regards
> lance

I think that what we really need to invest in is changes to the code
that generates the docs, so that an index can be created with the
output.  Many index entries are already in the DITA files for the
documentation and are not exposed because the code that generates the
output is not setup to support index generation...

--
Laura Stewart