db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: feature or bug?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:39:33 GMT
John Embretsen wrote:

> If you connect as a new user (foo), and don't explicitly create the schema
> (foo), and don't create any database objects (such as tables), you will see the
> error. As Derby is probably first looking for the correct table t1 in the
> default schema of user foo, which is FOO, the error is thrown.

I think Rick's e-mail shows that this is not the case, the view is
correctly looking for the table in schema the view was compiled against.

> Does it make sense to do something about this, for example creating the
> schema
> implicitly upon the first connection if it does not already exist?

Since in a number of cases Derby has to deal with the situation anyway
(read-only database or connection at least) then it might be better just
to fix the bug(s).

Dan.