db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Please take a look at the release notes for 10.3.2.0
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:54:40 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>> For the next round of release notes I was thinking of this wording.
>> Let me know if something else would be better:

"JSR 169 - Java ME support was built using Java ME CDC/Foundation Specification
1.1 libraries from IBM WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment 6.1"

(from 10.3.2.1 release notes)

Much better, thanks!

Is the JSR-169 implementation a part of (what people usually refer to as) the
CDC/Foundation libraries in WEME 6.1? If the JSR-169 jar is a completely
separate library, maybe we should mention that as well in the next round.

(Both the CDC/Foundation libraries and an implementation of the JSR-169 Optional
Package is required to build Derby's Java ME support).

I would also have added "Profile" after "Foundation" (to match the title of
JSR-46 and -219), but that's no biggie.

--
John