db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Please take a look at the release notes for 10.3.2.0
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:42:46 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> I just checked in the release notes and changes files for the 10.3.2.0.
> One thing I noticed is that none of the issues have release notes.
> Please let me know right away if any issues are missing, release notes
> are needed or you see any other problems with the release notes.

One minor thing: Under "Build Environment" it says that

"J2ME support was built using IBM J9 - VM for the Java(TM) platform, Version 2.3"

Is this a 100% correct and valid statement? I thought the same javac was used
for Java ME as for J2SE 1.4 code, just with a different classpath based on the
value of jsr169compile.classpath in ant.properties. This classpath probably
included classes obtained from an installation of that VM, though, so the
statement is not entirely incorrect either.

This is not something that should delay a release, I just wanted to have a clear
understanding of what this statement actually means...

--
John