db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Changing derby username and password
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:40:04 GMT
Hi Jason,

Derby supports 3 ways of managing users. You will have to select one of
these schemes:

1) Via username/password pairs stored in the database. In this scheme
you add new users and change passwords with the Derby system procedure
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY.

2) Via an external LDAP service. The LDAP service should supply tools
for configuring users and passwords.

3) Via a customer-coded plugin. Here you write your own scheme for
managing usernames and passwords.

The short answer to your question is "yes". The long answer is this: how
you configure users/passwords depends on the authentication scheme you
have selected. Please see the "Derby and Security" section of the Derby
Developer's Guide (the link is given below) for more detail on how to
setup these authentication schemes.

Hope this helps,
-Rick