db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Vemund Ostgaard <Vemund.Ostga...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Missing Jakarta jar, was: Automatic setting of compiler classpath properties at build time
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:07:04 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> One thing that's puzzling to me is why the build is trying to compile
> Sed.java (used by the old test harness) in the target that compiles
> support for our junit harness. According to the build output, the
> error is raised in the second javac block of junitcomponents. That
> block doesn't directly try to compile Sed and the classpath doesn't
> include the jakarta jar.
>
> Perplexed,
> -Rick
Turns out I had a custom junit-runner lying around in the
java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/junit/ directory that I had forgot
about. This runner had a reference to
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All, which caused the chain
of events leading to my problem. So, case closed. Thanks for putting me
on the right track.

Vemund