db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Automatic setting of compiler classpath properties at build time
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:56:22 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> One question is why does this code need to be executed if I already have
> j14lib and j15lib set in my ant.properties?
>
>             String  jdkVendor = getProperty( JDK_VENDOR );
>
>             if ( JDK_APPLE.equals( jdkVendor ) ) { setForAppleJDKs(); }
>             else if ( JDK_IBM.equals( jdkVendor ) ) { setForIbmJDKs(); }
>             else if ( JDK_SUN.equals( jdkVendor ) ) { setForSunJDKs(); }

Now I see that the above code becomes a no-op (once the bug was fixed
[revision 596405]) if j14lib and j15lib were set and their settings
resulted in java14compile.classpath and java15compile.classpath being
set correctly.

Just wasn't obvious to me from reading the code or the comment above the
code.

Dan.