db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Automatic setting of compiler classpath properties at build time
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:20:36 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>>
>>> The place to add support for additional platforms/vms would be
>>> trunk/java/build/org/apache/derbyPreBuild/PropertySetter.java The
>>> class has a pretty extensive header comment explaining what the class
>>> does--but please let me know if the header is unclear.
>>
>> At line 207 (just after this code)
>>
>>   if ( j14lib != null ) { setClasspathFromLib( J14LIB, j14lib ); }
>>   if ( j15lib != null ) { setClasspathFromLib( J15LIB, j15lib ); }
>>
>> should the task return if both j14lib and j15lib were set? E.g.
>>
>> if (j14lib != null && j15lib != null)
>>     return;
>>
>> Other it seems the setting of the classpath will be overwritten in the
>> platform specific code and for me the build fails because the vm
>> (Apache Harmony) is not recognized, even though I've defined j14lib &
>> j15lib.
> Thanks for the quick test-drive, Dan. I don't understand what you're
> seeing.

One question is why does this code need to be executed if I already have
j14lib and j15lib set in my ant.properties?

             String  jdkVendor = getProperty( JDK_VENDOR );

             if ( JDK_APPLE.equals( jdkVendor ) ) { setForAppleJDKs(); }
             else if ( JDK_IBM.equals( jdkVendor ) ) { setForIbmJDKs(); }
             else if ( JDK_SUN.equals( jdkVendor ) ) { setForSunJDKs(); }

Dan.