db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Automatic setting of compiler classpath properties at build time
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:24:36 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> The place to add support for additional platforms/vms would be
> trunk/java/build/org/apache/derbyPreBuild/PropertySetter.java The class
> has a pretty extensive header comment explaining what the class
> does--but please let me know if the header is unclear.

At line 207 (just after this code)

   if ( j14lib != null ) { setClasspathFromLib( J14LIB, j14lib ); }
   if ( j15lib != null ) { setClasspathFromLib( J15LIB, j15lib ); }

should the task return if both j14lib and j15lib were set? E.g.

if (j14lib != null && j15lib != null)
     return;

Other it seems the setting of the classpath will be overwritten in the
platform specific code and for me the build fails because the vm (Apache
Harmony) is not recognized, even though I've defined j14lib & j15lib.

In setForMostJDKs() this code exists:

     String  sunJavaRoot = javaHome + File.separator + ".." +
File.separator + "..";

I think this should be using File.getParent() and not "..". Technically
".." is not part of the Java specification. From the various comments on
the list it seems there is some assumption about where JVM's live in
relationship to each other, but these doesn't seem to be documented in
the code.

Dan.