db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Automatic setting of compiler classpath properties at build time
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:13:14 GMT
I have checked in some build logic which automatically sets the compiler
classpath properties. This is part of the work on DERBY-3117 and the
goal,  ultimately, is to have a Derby build script which works out of
the box without any customizing of ant.properties.

In order to take advantage of this automatic property setting today, you
need to remove some existing properties from your ant.properties
(j14lib, j15lib, java14compile.classpath, java15compile.classpath) and,
instead, set the following in ant.properties:

autosetProps=on

That is, right now you have to request the automatic setting of
properties. A month from now, I would like to make automatic property
setting the default. Note that even after automatic property setting
becomes the default, you will still be able to override the defaults by
setting the properties as you do today.

Over the next month, I would appreciate it if people could try out the
automatic property setting in their own environments and let me know if
something breaks. I would like this to be as solid as possible before
switching the default behavior.

Thanks,
-Rick